Sunday, June 17, 2012

Happy Father's Day to my two fathers!

To Papa whose happy demeanor I probably took after, may you continue to be the voice of reason; the mediator or just simply the one who tells the corniest jokes even when the situation doesn't call for it. Creating this post brought up a Pandora-box worthy of memories like the time when I figured in an accident in high school and knowing that you've rushed to my aid had made that ugly experience less traumatic. You have been with me when I took 2 college entrance tests at that time when I have to get used to commuting which I really hate as I am prone to motion sickness even when still a child. Those plastics bags you kept with you became really handy. You were also with me come enrollment time in the university. It wouldn't really bother me if the rest of the kids don't have anyone with them and I was the odd one out.  When I was in college, you bought me a blouse and slacks which fit perfectly and have proudly showed it off to my classmates. You hated it when I come home late but I don't get a scolding (as you've already let off some steam having Aimee as the poor victim haha). And while you are out tonight with the family celebrating, may you always feel how well you are loved even when I'm not always there by your side.

To my other Dad who is miles away from us, I have been in awe as to how you command everyone's respect with your gentle-mannered ways. Whenever we talk on the phone, you always dispense sensible advices which I took to heart. Thank you for treating me as part of the family even way back.

Papa and Dad. Photo taken May 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment